The knowledge you can gain by learning about your diagnosis can assist you with decision making, symptom management and health promotion. Ultimately, knowledge can empower you!
Please take a moment to visit the following sites to learn more about cancer and a cancer diagnosis.
- American Cancer Society - Dedicated to helping persons who face cancer. Supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment and education.
- Local Office: 1903 Central Avenue, Billings, MT 59102; 406-256-7156
- CancerCare - A national nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer.
- National Cancer Institute - Accurate, up-to-date, comprehensive cancer information from the U.S. government's principal agency for cancer research.
- Chemo Care - A website designed to provide the latest information about chemotherapy to patients and their families
- National Institutes of Health - One of the world's foremost medical research centers. An agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Livestrong - Information on living with cancer.
- ClinicalTrials.gov - Searchable database which provides patients, family members and the public with information about current ongoing clinical research studies.
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship - Information and resources on issues for people living with cancer as well as their family, friends and caregivers.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Dedicated to education and research about causes, treatment and the search for a cure.
Click here to learn about cancer support groups at St. Vincent Healthcare.