Support Services Symptom Management
- Rehabilitation Services - Our services are tailored to the unique needs many may encounter throughout their cancer journey and are designed to increase treatment tolerance and reduce the modifiable risks associated with recurrence. When you have been changed by a serious illness, rehabilitation can help restore your physical ability and improve your quality of life. The goals of physical therapy are to reduce pain, improve mobility, restore physical performance for everyday activities and provide education. Depending upon your needs, focus may be on flexibility, strength, endurance, coordination, balance and/or lymphedema prevention and treatment.
- Physiatry Services - St. Vincent Healthcare offers several rehabilitation services for cancer patients including amputation management, pain management, treatment of neurologic and neuromuscular complications and back-to-work assessments and treatment plans.
- Dietary Services - Dieticians are available to help you navigate your unique nutritional needs throughout treatment and recovery.
- Social Work and Case Management - Trained social workers and nurse case managers and available to assist you with concerns you may have regarding getting to and from medical appointments, medications, meals, in-home nursing care, paying for medical costs, durable medical equipment and help with activities of daily living.
- Advance Directive Planning - An advance directive is a legal document that states the treatment or care a person wishes to receive or not receive if he or she becomes unable to make medical decisions. St. Vincent Healthcare has specially trained staff available to assist you in creating and completing these documents.