Living in Billings
Montana's Largest City
Billings is the medical, financial and trade center of our three-state area. Nestled in the Yellowstone River valley on the east slope of the Rockies, Billings is framed on three sides by scenic mountain ranges. The Rimrocks, 300 to 500 foot high sandstone cliffs, form a landmark border to the north and east, and the Yellowstone River flows serenely past the city's southern edge.
Montanans have the luxury of vacationing where they live and work. Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. World class fly fishing in blue ribbon trout streams. Miles of wilderness trails. Whitewater rafting. Snowmobiling. Three ski resorts less than three hours away.
Join in the Activities
- MetraPark, the largest convention/entertainment facility in the state, hosts concerts, ice shows, rodeos, fairs, sporting events and trade shows.
- The Yellowstone Art Museum exhibits national and regional contemporary and historic art.
- The Alberta Bair Theatre, the largest performing arts theater between Minneapolis and Spokane, hosts nationally known entertainers, concerts, musical and drama productions and symphony performances.
- The Rimrock Opera Company, formed in 1998, produces high quality grand opera in Billings. National and international artists join regional vocal talent and orchestra in two major productions per season at the Alberta Bair Theater.
- Historic Downtown offers a fantastic shopping and dining experience. Visit the historic Depot district for walk into the past. Here you'll find great antique and specialty shops, art galleries and fine dining.
- ZooMontana features regional and exotic wildlife, family activities and an education in the schools program.
- 24 movie screens offer the latest releases.
- Three country clubs, 32 tennis courts and 7 local golf courses offer nearly year round activities.
- You'll be a welcome member of our community. It's easy to get involved. Play an instrument in our symphony; try out for a play, volunteer at our many community enhancement programs.
Choose where you want to live.
Quiet suburbs, modern downtown apartments, golf course condominiums or ranch homes with acreage — all only about 15 minutes away from any Billings destination. We promise that commuting won't eat up your time in Montana! And, you'll be pleasantly surprised by the reasonable cost of living.
Click here for Community Links.