Patient and Visitor's Guide
Thank you for choosing St. Vincent Healthcare. While you are a patient with us, we will do everything we can to make you as comfortable as possible and to hasten your return home. We hope that the following information will help you and your family to understand more about your stay and our accommodations.
Guest Services, representatives and volunteers are available to help our patients and visitors during a hospital stay. Located in the Fortin Lobby, you may reach us at 237-3399 or stop by during our business hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-8:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9:00am-8:30pm. We offer the following services to our patients and visitors:
- Patient and visitor greeting services
- General and patient information
- Free fax and copy services
- Free notary service
- Canine visitation program
- Stamps and change
- Hospital bill-pay station
- Hotels and car rental reservations at discounted rates
- Local event information
- Reservations for meeting rooms
- $10 and $20 cafeteria food vouchers for sale
- Discount movie tickets
- Dry cleaning drop-off
- Gift certificates
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 406-237-3399.
What to Pack
You are welcome to bring electric razors, toiletries and radios with you. We recommend you leave your valuables at home. If you do bring them, they will be stored in the safe of our Public Safety Department until you go home.
Your medical condition may not allow you to take certain medications, even those you usually take every day. Please bring a list of your medications, their dosage and how often you take them. Your physician will decide what medications you will need while you're here.
We are proud to provide a smoke-free campus for our patients, guests and employees. This includes all indoor and outdoor areas.
Valet parking is available, Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm, at the North 30th St. entrance.
Many local hotels and motels offer medical and senior discounts to family members of our patients. For help with reservations, call Guest Services at 406-237-3399.
Nearby lodging includes the following, all within a half-mile of the facility:
- Hilltop Inn, 1116 N. 28th St., 245-5000
- Rimrock Inn, 1203 N. 27th St., 406-252-7107
- Juniper Inn, 1315 N. 27th St., 406-245-4128
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 27 N. 27th St., 406-252-7400
How to Reach a Patient at St. Vincent Healthcare
To contact a patient directly, dial 406-237-7 then the patient's room number. For Guest Services and patient information dial 406-237-3399.
- General Visiting Hours: 8:30am-8:30pm
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit): No visiting from 6:30am-8:30am and 6:30pm-8:30pm. Approval is needed for all visits.
- Mother Newborn Care/NICU: Unlimited partner and support visit with hospital-issued identification bands.
*Please be advised that no flowers are allowed in our Intensive Care Unit, due to patient safety precautions.
St. Vincent Chapel
The chapel is open 24 hours a day. It is located on the first floor in the main lobby. The spiritual care staff visits patients on a regular basis. If you want to speak with a chaplain, a member of the nursing staff will contact them for you.
Dining and Snack Options
- The Good Day cafe' is located on the third floor of the hospital. Daily hours: 6am-8pm. Credit, debit and travelers checks welcomed.
- Big Sky Bistro, located on the 1st floor of the Allard Building, offers alternative dining for employees, volunteers and guests. Coffee drinks, breakfast and lunch in a quaint cafe' atmosphere.
- Snack and pop machines are located on the 3rd Floor (in the Good Day Cafe' and in the Big Horn Room) and on the 1st Floor (near the Emergency Department entrance and in Marillac Hall).
- Casablanca Coffee Shops is located in the Yellowstone Medical Center, 2nd Floor (Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm).
- Subway is located in the Yellowstone Medical Center, 2nd Floor.
Our two gift shops are owned and operated by our volunteers. All proceeds from the gift shops benefit our patients, visitors and staff. There are two gift shops on the hospital campus.
- The Gift Corner is located in the Fortin Lobby and is open Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday-Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm. Call 406-237-3382. Click here to view gift items available for purchase.
- Loose Ends is located on the concourse of the Yellowstone Medical Center and is open Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm. To contact them, please call 406-237-3366.
- Fortin Lobby - Stockman Bank
- 3rd Floor near the Good Day Cafe' - US Bank
- Yellowstone Medical Center concourse - Yellowstone Bank
We are pleased to offer a therapeutic canine visitation program. If you are interested in bringing a patient's dog for a visit, you must contact Guest Services at 237-3399 to make arrangements.
The St. Vincent Healthcare Foundation provides free newspapers for our patients. Papers are delivered to the patient rooms Monday-Friday.