Because your nervous system plays a key role in many of your body's functions, symptoms which could indicate a neurologic problem or disorder vary greatly. Some of our patients experience just one symptom, such as muscle weakness, while others have multiple symptoms simultaneously.
Some of the most common neurologic symptoms include:
- Anxiety, panic attacks or depression
- Blurred vision, sensitivity to light or other difficulties seeing
- Changes in bathroom habits
- Difficulties with speech
- Muscle weakness or numbness
- Pain in the neck, back, joints or muscles
- Prickling sensations (pins-and-needles)
- Poor memory and/or difficulty concentrating
- Tremors, twitches or spasms
Because these symptoms may also be related to other non-neurologic conditions, we encourage you to talk with your primary care doctor about them as soon as possible.
If you or someone you know experiences any of the following symptoms, call 9-1-1 or come to the Emergency Room at St. Vincent Healthcare immediately: