St. Vincent Healthcare Ranked Best in Value
October 21, 2009
St. Vincent Healthcare is recognized nationally as a “Best in Value” hospital!
The Data Advantage Hospital Value Index ™ analyzes more than 4,500 acute-care hospitals in the United States*. St. Vincent Healthcare ranks in the top 100. This ranking is based on success in the following key areas:
*All data used in the Hospital Value Index ™ study are publically available.
- Quality – including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Core Measures, patient safety, mortality and readmission rates;
- Efficiency - including the relative measure of the cost to the hospital for providing services;
- Affordability - a relative comparison of prices charged for inpatient and outpatient services;
- Patient Satisfaction - as measured by HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems)
- Reputation - Market-specific data on reputation of local hospitals
Data Advantage’s Hospital Value Index ™ is designed to use only objective, verifiable, and quantitative data that are consistent and complete across the United States, ensuring objective measurement rather than anecdotal evidence.
Value is the combination of what you receive in exchange for what you paid and the likelihood that you will want it again. The elements of healthcare value include price, quality, efficiency, effectiveness, outcomes, process, experience and on-going perception.
About St. Vincent Healthcare
St. Vincent Healthcare is a comprehensive system of award-winning healthcare services located in Billings, Montana. St. Vincent is a regional destination hospital which serves a four-state area and more than 900,000 people each year. A comprehensive range of services include a Level II trauma Center
, cardiothoracic and vascular medicine, comprehensive cancer services
, family-centered maternal and child health – a Level III B NICU & Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – neurosurgery, orthopedics and the region’s most advanced diagnostic services. St. Vincent Healthcare is part of the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System.
St. Vincent Healthcare’s quality, mission-driven, charitable healthcare has been in existence for more than 110 years. To learn more about St. Vincent Healthcare, visit www.svh-mt.org.