Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center at St. Vincent Healthcare
A destination center focused on patients in need of total knee, hip or shoulder replacements, the Joint Replacement Center optimizes care by working in collaboration with our specialized joint replacement surgeons and our experienced, energetic and dedicated orthopedic team. We offer the highest quality of patient care by providing innovative therapy approaches, specialized joint replacement nurses and a highly trained care team. The goal of this team is to provide a personalized patient experience from beginning to end and to have each patient return to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible. Most patients will be able to walk the first day after surgery, and move towards normal activity in six to 12 weeks.
The Joint Replacement Center has implemented a comprehensive planned course of treatment. We believe that you play a key role in promoting a successful recovery. Our goal is to involve you in your treatment through each step of the program.
We offer a unique program. Each step is designed to encourage the best results leading to a discharge from the hospital two to three days after surgery. Features of the program include:
- Dedicated nurses and therapists trained to work with joint patients
- Casual clothes (no drafty gowns)
- Private rooms
- Emphasis on group activities
- Family and friends participating as "coaches" in the recovery process
- An Orthopedic Care Coordinator who coordinates all pre-operative care and discharge planning
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow from six weeks before surgery until three months after surgery and beyond