Palliative Care Services
A serious illness impacts patients and families in many ways. At St. Vincent Healthcare, our palliative care team is here to provide you with help and support during what is often a physically and emotionally challenging time.
Working together and with our patients and their families, our team focuses on each patient’s individual goals as we strive to relieve pain, reduce symptoms and bring comfort and relief.
Our Role in the Hospital:
- Aggressive symptom management
- Including: pain, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, constipation, delirium, agitation, insomnia, depression and anxiety
- Leading goals of care discussions
- Providing end of life care, or care of the actively dying patient
- Addressing emotional, social and spiritual care needs
If you, or a family member, feel that you could benefit from this program, please discuss it with your healthcare provider.
Meet Our Team
Katherine Dietrich, DO, FACP, HMDC
Tom James, MD
Teresa Billings, BSN, RN