We strive to make your experience at the GI Diagnostic Center as comfortable as possible. Please take the time to read through the following information to ensure we are able to do your procedure safely and proficiently.
- Please let your doctor know if you are on a diabetic medication or insulin, any blood thinner (Coumadin), Plavix, aspirin, arthritis medicine or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. Aleve, Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen, etc.).
- You make drink water and take medications the morning of the procedure.
- No aspirin for 7 days before your procedure. You may take Tylenol only.
- Please arrange to have someone available in the waiting room to speak to the doctor after your exam and to drive you home after the procedure. If you arrive without having a ride arranged, your procedure will be cancelled.
- Check with your insurance company as to your physician coverage for the procedure and any authorizations you may need prior to the procedure.
- Let your doctor know if you are a patient at the Pain Clinic, use a fentanyl pump, or if you use chronic narcotic pain medications.
Click on the following links for more information: