Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The St. Vincent Healthcare Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) has been caring for our tiniest patients since 1972. Pronounced “nick-you”, and sometimes referred to as a newborn intensive care unit or intensive care nursery (ICN) this unit specializes in the care of ill or premature newborn infants. We offer the only Level III NICU in this region, combining medical expertise, the best technologies and compassionate care from professionals committed to patients and their families.
At St. Vincent Healthcare, our NICU provides comprehensive, intensive and progressive care for premature infants and critically ill newborns with respiratory distress, infections, birth defects and special developmental needs. Our services include:
- Comprehensive care for all newborns, of any gestational age or birth weight
- Consultative services of pediatric subspecialists
- Pediatric surgery consultative services
- Advanced imaging including CT, MRI, and echocardiography
- Ventilators, oxygen, IV therapy, cardiac monitoring and respiratory monitoring